As a Natural Therapist, I was always passionate about working with pregnant clients, especially being a Women’s therapist. After having gone through pregnancy myself 2 and a half years ago, my world changed significantly!
I learned so much about what goes on during pregnancy I wonder how on earth I used to have the confidence treating pregnant women before with Massage and Natural therapies.
Now looking back, as a mother who gave birth naturally at home after 3 whole days of labour (mostly active with contractions 5-7 minutes apart for 2 days), I love being able to offer support to women for Natural Birth Preparation.
I had my own struggles breastfeeding at first, with bubba not latching for the first 2+ weeks. Struggling to cope as I expressed every day, still trying to breast feed without success for those first 2 weeks, I have a great passion for supporting mothers in not only the preparation of birth, but also the recovery!
It was exhausting for me, so I take every opportunity to share with other mothers, what can be done to help the birth recovery process using natural therapies. One of the thing I myself used was a placenta encapsulation service, which I can say from personal experience has an amazing effect!
After settling into new motherhood I learned so much about myself which completely transformed my outlook on life. I discovered a whole new set of values I never even knew I had.
Having fallen pregnant just after I released my 2nd book Self Care Medicine, I discovered so much more since that time that made me realise how much more I had to learn about the Art of Self Care itself ironically. With pregnancy being a whole new level of needs, I was faced with an incredible learning journey.
This is why I since decided I would write a new book, in order to share what I have learned in the last 2 and a half years after publishing my last 2 books. In September, I began to develop my latest book and turn it into a whole new book, which I have just published.
Heal Yourself – A Natural Path Without Medicine is a book that I know I would never have been able to write, had I have had a different perspective around parenting.
As someone who identifies with Gentle Parenting values, I have a great respect for allowing children to explore, learn and discover for themselves with minimal interruption (only gentle guidance).
What I found in this approach to parenting, is that it also gives parents the freedom that we need, to do what “we” need to fulfil our own purpose. And what I find beautiful about this is that, we are here “together” each doing what we love, enjoying life along side each other.
Some people may ask “how I did it” – writing a book as a toddler mum, and these would certainly be my answers:
1. Running a business as a work at home mum (WAHM), and authoring a book while juggling parenthood required me to let go of a few things and get really clear on priorities.
2. Being a mumpreneur has only been made possible by being organised, dedicated and committed to “getting things done” early morning and some late nights, having naps occasionally to catch up.
3. Achieving the goal of publishing another book came about after taking consistent, yet small and constant steps in that direction. I love the saying “inch by inch it becomes a cinch” I heard from one of my greatest mentors Dr John F Demartini. Along with the notion that “Preparation leads to Success”, this saying is a foundation upon which I build my mindset each day as I wake up inspired.
4. Being a gentle parent and a WAHM / Mumpreneur, is possible when we have a balance of time shared between our own goals, and those of our little ones. Our children’s needs must be met first. I feel that in having taken care of and filled my child’s cup, I am able to then freely fill my own with greater presence.
5. Knowing that gentle parenting is not the same as submissive parenting, and in fact is more strongly aligned with creating clear boundaries (as in the RIE approach)… I have been able to create a mutually respectful relationship with my daughter, in which she feels secure and shows incredible confidence in social situations, relationships and play groups.
My advice to mums in business would be to seek out like minded mums and choose how you spend your time well. Seek out those who inspire and uplift you and work towards the goal of focusing on that which you want to manifest only. As what you think about and thank about you bring about, as Dr John Demartini says.